How would your life change if you fully adopted an abundance mindset? In other words…how would you live life if you believed you could truly have what you want?
Abundance mindset not only changes your view of the world, but the impact of shifting your beliefs to be abundant literally changes your life.
In this post, I’ll cover what abundance mindset is, abundance versus scarcity, mindset exercises you can adopt, and how to have an abundance mindset.
What is an Abundance Mindset?
An abundance mindset is a mindset that adopts the belief that there are more than enough resources for everyone in the world to have what they desire.
Someone who adopts an abundance mindset becomes more optimistic, and feels happier for others who have success. People with an abundance mentality see limitless potential in life.
This can lead to a feeling of abundance, which can then lead to positive emotions like happiness, hope, and gratitude. An abundance mindset can also lead to constructive behaviors, which I’ll talk about more later.
Having an abundance mindset is critical for reaching your goals and attracting what you want in your life. If you believe you can have what you want, it is possible for you. And if you don’t believe you can have what you want…it is almost impossible to reach your goals!
This relates to the law of attraction, which has a surprising amount of science to back it up.
Law of Attraction
For example: the law of attraction states that we get what we focus on, and psychology says: that’s true!
Your brain has a mechanism that helps it focus, and this is called the Reticular Activating System (RAS). In short, your brain is presented with literally millions of data points every second, but it can ONLY process a few hundred of those. So, in order to help filter out the information your brain needs to process to help you survive, it utilizes the RAS to save time and be efficient (…and help you stay sane!) In other words, the role of the RAS is to selectively focus on ONLY the inputs that are important and relevant. The way it knows what data is important is either:
- it is required for your survival or
- it is a match for what your unconscious mind both believes and expects.
So when you believe that everything is possible and that resources are unlimited, you directly impact your reality, your decisions, and what your brain focuses on.
Abundance mindset vs. Scarcity Mindset
Abundance mindset contrasts with a scarcity mindset, which believes that resources are LIMITED.
A scarcity mindset believes that there is not enough of something to go around, and that one must compete with others for limited resources. This can lead to a feeling of scarcity, which can then lead to anxiety, depression, and other negative emotions. A scarcity mindset can also lead to destructive behaviors, such as hoarding, stealing, and greed.
How to Have an Abundance Mindset
Abundance mindset exercises can help you retrain your brain to think more positively and attract abundance into your life. And because of the law of attraction, adopting an abundance mindset will also help to change your current circumstance, and help you reach your goals!
Though it may take some time and effort to get into the habit of thinking more positively, it is well worth it. By using affirmations, visualization, and other positive thinking techniques, you can program your mind for success and start attracting all the good things you deserve into your life. So don’t wait any longer – start practicing these exercises today and see how much your life changes for the better!
Two ways to start going from a scarcity mindset to an abundance mindset is to try some abundance mindset exercises, and get inspiration from others.
Abundance Mindset Exercises
So what do you do if you have a scarce mindset, and want to adopt an abundance mindset?
I would start with a few simple exercises to incorporate into your routine. Here are some suggestions:
- Every day, wake up and remind yourself that you are worthy of an abundant life. Say it out loud, write it down, or both!
- Make a list of things you’re grateful for in your life. Include both big and small things, from your health to a sunny day.
- Challenge your negative thoughts when they pop up. Why are you thinking them? Are they really true? Would you say them to a friend?
- Talk kindly to yourself! Treat yourself with the same compassion and understanding you would show to others.
- Spend time with positive people who support your dreams and goals. Avoid energy vampires who drain you of motivation and hope.
- Practice visualization and affirmative thinking. Picture yourself achieving your goals and living the life you want. Fill your mind with positive images and thoughts.
- Start each day with a positive affirmation or mantra, such as “I am worthy of abundance” or “I am grateful for all that I have.” Repeat it throughout the day, and consider writing your own affirmations to carry around, or take a look at some of the quotes below!
- Look for opportunities to give back to others. Helping others feel good will also boost your own mood and sense of abundance.
- Make time for things you enjoy! Doing things you love is a surefire way to increase your sense of happiness and satisfaction.
- Create a vision board or collage featuring pictures and words that represent your goals and dreams. Place it somewhere you’ll see it
- Be patient with yourself. Change won’t happen overnight, but if you keep working at it, you will eventually achieve your goals.
Tapping into the Feminine
Another way to help you develop an abundance mindset is to tap into your feminine energy.
Feminine energy refers to all of our innate nurturing traits. It’s compassionate, kind, empathetic and emotional. Feminine energy is expressed with the flow of life: when you dance, express creativity, create space, embrace quiet time, play, attune to your desires and connect with your inner child.
Masculine energy on the other hand is all about decisiveness, action, force.
Here is a helpful list from Poosh.com on the differences:
- Action-oriented (active)
- Singularly focused
- Stillness (passive)
While a balance of masculine and feminine energy are required for life (and meeting goals), overly relying on masculine energy can put you out of touch with your heart’s desires and life’s purpose.
So tuning IN to your feminine energy nurtures those aspects.
And again: you get what you focus on (validated by both psychology and law of attraction). So if you don’t know what you truly want, you’ll struggle to focus in ways that feel meaningful to you and light you up.
So if you’re struggling to adopt an abundance mindset, try tapping into your feminine energy.
Abundance Mindset Quotes
Researching abundance mindset quotes to read regularly can be a great tool to help you adopt an abundance mindset.
Here are some for you to start with…
1. “If you don’t believe you’re abundant, then you’re not.”-Tony Robbins
2. “The more I focus on abundance, the more abundance comes into my life.”-Louise Hay
3. “I am open and receptive to all the good that life has to offer.”-Rhonda Byrne
4. “You are already abundant. The universe is infinitely generous.”-Deepak Chopra
5. “I am surrounded by an abundance of love, joy, and prosperity.”-Esther Hicks
6. “Affirmations are powerful tools for creating abundance in your life.”-Jack Canfield
7. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.”-Joel Osteen
8. “I am thankful for all the abundance in my life.”-Louise Hay
9. “I attract abundance into my life with my thoughts and actions.”-Rhonda Byrne
10. “Thank you, Universe, for your infinite generosity.”-Deepak Chopra
11. “I am open to miracles happening in my life.”-Esther Hicks
12. “I am worthy of abundance and success.”-Jack Canfield
13. “I release all lack and limitation, and allow myself to experience true abundance.”-Joel Osteen
14. “I am grateful for the abundance that is already present in my life.”-Louise Hay
15. “By aligning my thoughts, words, and actions with abundance, I create a life of prosperity and joy.”-Rhonda Byrne
16. “I trust that the Universe will provide for me in perfect ways.”-Deepak Chopra
17. “I know that good things are always on the way.”-Esther Hicks
18. “I am confident and optimistic about achieving my goals.”-Jack Canfield
19. “I am surrounded by an abundance of love, joy, and prosperity.”-Joel Osteen
20. “I am thankful for all the abundance in my life.”-Louise Hay
21. “Every day, I move closer and closer to my goals and dreams.”-Jack Canfield
22. “My cup overflows with blessings from the Universe.”-Joel Osteen
23. “I have everything I need to create a life of abundance and joy.”-Louise Hay
24. “I am open to receiving miracles in my life.”-Jack Canfield
25. “Everything I touch turns to gold.”-Joel Osteen
26. “I am attracting abundance into my life with my thoughts and actions.”-Louise Hay
27. “I am a powerful creator, and I create my life with my thoughts and actions.”-Jack Canfield
28. “I release all lack and limitation, and allow myself to experience true abundance.”-Louise Hay
Living in an Abundance Mindset Really Will Change Your LIfe
The amazing thing about working on your mindset is that you will shortly start to see positive effects in all areas of life.
Your mind and your thinking shapes your whole life – which makes mindset work one of the most fundamental things you can do to create a life that you love.
NEED MORE SUPPORT?
Mindset work is absolutely critical to successful entrepreneurship.
If you’d like some help growing your business, including upleveling your mindset, let’s chat: AlisonReeves.Co/strategy-call